|Scorpion Research cares about and respects your privacy. For this reason, we collect and use personal data only where needed for us to deliver our products and services to you. Your personal data includes information such as your name, address, telephone numbers, eMail addresses, and/or other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you.
If at any time you have questions about our practices or any of your rights described below, you may contact us so that we can provide you with information you can confidently trust.
|2.||Manage your cookies
To determine how to set your browser to handle Cookies in your preferred manner, including the deletion of existing Cookies, please contact the manufacturer of your chosen browser software. Further information about Cookies and popular browser settings can be found at http://www.AboutCookies.org on the internet.
|3.||What information do we collect?
|We collect information to provide the best possible experience when you use our products or services. Much of what you consider personal data is collected directly from you when you:
However, we also collect additional information when delivering our products and services to you to ensure necessary and optimal performance. These methods of collection may not be obvious, so we wanted to explain possible methods of collection and how they work:
- Purchase any of our products of services (for example, your billing information, including name, address, eMail address, and payment details);
- Request assistance from our Technical Support team (for example, your telephone number or eMail address);
- Complete contact forms or request newsletters or other information from us; or
- Participate in contests and surveys, apply for a job, or otherwise participate in activities we promote that might require information about you.
If you have any questions on how we use your personal data, please contact us.
- Account related information is collected in association with your use of our products and services, such as products or services you have purchased, when products or services renew or expire, information requests, support requests, and notes or details on our interactions.
- Cookies and similar technologies on our web sites can be used to allow us to track your browsing behaviour, links clicked, items purchased, and your device types. They also allow us to collect data which may include statistical or analytical data about how you use and interact with our products and services. This allows us to provide you with more relevant product offerings, a better experience on our sites and mobile applications, and to collect, analyse, and improve the performance of our products and services. We may also collect your location via Internet Protocol (IP) address, so that we can personalise our products and services to your particular circumstances.
- Data about usage of online products and services is automatically collected when you use and interact with our online products and services, including metadata, log files, cookie/device IDs, and location information. This information includes specific data about your interactions with the features, content, and links (including third-parties, such as social media plugins) contained within online products and services, IP address, browser type and settings (including configuration and plug-ins), the date and time the online products and services were used, language preferences and cookie data, and information about devices accessing the online products and services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers, and error data. Some of this data collected might be used to approximate your location.
- Supplemented Data may be received about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have legitimately received data, in which case we may combine this data with information we already have about you so that we can update, expand, and analyse the accuracy of our records, identify new clients, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
|4.||How we use information
|We strongly believe in both reducing the amount of data we collect and limiting the use and purpose of that data to only:
These uses include delivering, improving, updating, and enhancing the products and services we provide to you. We collect information relating to your purchase, use, and/or interactions with our online products and services. We utilise this information to:
- Data for which we have been given permission;
- Data necessary to deliver the products and services that you purchase or use;
- Data we might be required or permitted to keep for legal compliance or other lawful purposes.
Often, much of the data we collect is aggregated or statistical data about how individuals use our products and services, and is not linked to any personal data, but as it is itself personal data, or it can be linked or linkable to personal data, we treat it accordingly.
- Improve and optimise the operation and performance of our products and services;
- Diagnose problems with and identify any security risks, errors, or needed enhancements to our products and services;
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our systems, and/or products and services;
- Collecting aggregate statistics about use of our products and services;
- Understand and analyse how you use our products and services and what products and services are most relevant to you.
Sharing with trusted third parties
We may share your personal data with third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilising, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as specifically contracted unless with your consent.
- Processing credit card payments;
- Conducting contests or surveys;
- Performing analysis of our Services and customer demographics;
- Communicating with you, such as by way email or survey delivery;
- Customer relationship management;
- Personalised advertisements.
Communicating with you
We may contact you directly, or through a third-party service provider, regarding products or services you have contracted or purchased from us, as may be necessary to deliver transactional communications. We may also contact you with offers for additional products and services we think you'll find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests. You do not need to provide consent as a condition to purchase our products or services. This contact may take place through:
You may also update your contact preferences with respect to receiving communications from us by either following instructions on the contact message or by making contact with us directly.
- SMS Text messages
- Telephone calls
- Automated phone calls or text messages
Transfer of personal data abroad
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as subpoena requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process. We will also share your information to the extent necessary to comply with ICANN or any ccTLD rules, regulations, and policies when you register a domain name with us.
Web site statistical and analytical tools
We may use various statistical web site analytical tools provided by third parties to collect information about how you interact with our web site or mobile applications, including what pages you visit, the web site you visited prior to visiting our web site, how much time you spend on each page, what operating system and web browser you use, and network and IP information. We use the information provided by these tools to improve our products and services.
These tools may sometimes place persistent cookies in your browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our web site. Each cookie cannot be used by anyone other than the service provider placing the cookie. The information collected from the cookie may be transmitted to and stored by these service providers on servers in a country other than the country in which you reside. Though information collected does not include personal data such as name, address, billing information, etc., the information collected is used and shared by these service providers in accordance with their individual privacy policies.
Third-party web sites
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact us.
|5.||How you can access, update or delete your data.
|To easily access, view, update, delete, or port your personal data (where available), or to update your subscription preferences, please contact us.
If you make a request to delete your personal data and that data is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honoured only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any products or services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
|6.||How we secure, store, and retain your data
|We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilisation of encryption where appropriate.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the products and services you have purchased or requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods that are:
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, please contact us.
- mandated by law, contract, or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending, or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
|Our products and services are available for purchase only for those over the age of 16. Our products and services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by, or designed to entice individuals under the age of 16. If you know of, or have reason to believe, anyone under the age of 16 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us.
|9.||Data Protection Authority
|Scorpion Research Limited respects the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) in accordance with recommendations from Information Commissioners Office (ICO).